The spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19) is an escalating global concern, but more importantly it has an escalating local concern for each of our members. To assist our members in navigating through the COVID-19 pandemic, we are providing the resources below.
ASCIP recommends the District continues to monitor and follows the directives issued by the World Health Organization (WHO), the Center for Disease Control (CDC), California Department of Public Health (CDPH), local health departments, and the California Office of Emergency Services.
ASCIP Risk Alerts:
- Coronavirus Basics
- Coronavirus Update – addressing cleaning and social gatherings
- Vacant School Protections
Where to Find Information About the Coronavirus COVID-19
- California Department of Public Health Schools Guidance on COVID-19
- CDC Guidance for School & Childcare
- CDE guidance on COVID-19
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) in California
- The US Department of Education – COVID-19 Information and Resources for School and School Personnel
Sample Coronavirus Response Plans
- Coronavirus Checklist
- Panflu Plan Sample
- Sonoma County Office of Education Infectious Disease Response Plan Sample (Spring 2020)
Information to Keep You and Employees Healthy and Safe
- Hand washing and hygiene video. A special thank you to the students at Parks Junior High School from the Fullerton School District, whose creative talent made this video available to you.
- CDC “What You Need to Know about the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)”
- CDC “What to do if you are sick with the coronavirus disease (COVID-19)”
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Workplace Tips for Employees
- Social Distancing Guidelines
- ASCIP Safety Spotlights:
Frequently Asked Questions for Coronavirus
Use of Disinfectants at Schools
The Healthy Schools Act (HSA) requires anyone using any pesticide at school or child care center to complete annual training. Sanitizers and disinfectants are antimicrobial pesticides because they kill germs. This requirement applies to teachers, aides, custodians, and food service workers.
- Which DPR Healthy Schools Act Course Should I Take?
- Take a DPR Healthy Schools Act Online Course
- Cleaning for Healthier Schools (modified for COVID-19)
- EPA Approved Antimicrobial Products for Coronavirus that fall with the HSA
Possible Funding Sources Due to COVID-19 Costs
- ASCIP Safety Credits can be used for loss control and risk management related projects, equipment, supplies, and staff education or training.
- FEMA Support Under Emergency Declaration for COVID-19
When should my public agency submit a Request for Public Assistance (“RPA”) to FEMA? As soon as your agency has incurred, or anticipates incurring, emergency-related expenses. Instructions – How to Submit a Request for Public Assistance (RPA) – No Grants Portal Account
- SB 117 addresses several Education Finance concerns with daily attendance, testing, and appropriation of $100,000,000 to the general fund for the purchase of PPE or paying for supplies and labor related to cleaning school sites, or both.
- The Governor’s Executive Order N-26-20 providing funding for school closures due to the coronavirus (COVID-19).
- World Health Organization Key Planning Recommendations for Mass Gatherings
- CDC Risk Assessment and Public Health Management Decision Making flowchart
- Governor Newsom’s Statewide Stay in Shelter Executive Order N-33-20