Superintendents, Human Resource Administrators, Risk Managers and Principals
Kristine Kwong, Musick, Peeler & Garrett, LLP
How to Register:
Email Kimberly Kennedy at firstname.lastname@example.org by February 14, 2020
The District’s obligation to reasonably accommodate an applicant or employee’s disability can be a difficult, time-consuming and challenging process. This event will focus exclusively on the reasonable accommodation and the interactive process, common employer mistakes, and suggested best practices. Topics covered will include:
- Understanding when to engage in the “interactive process.”
- Understanding what constitutes a “reasonable accommodation.”
- The steps that should be followed in the interactive process.
- How to best document the interactive process
- How long the interactive process needs to be continued.
- How many times alternative accommodations should be offered.
- How to deal with uncooperative employees who delay or derail the process.
- What the latest ADA guidance and cases reveal.