OCIP – Construction Insurance for Schools
An owner controlled insurance program (OCIP) is a consolidated insurance and risk management program implemented for a single construction project.
The OCIP program “pools” all construction project participants – the member, its general contractor and subcontractors – under the same insurance “umbrella” for workers’ compensation, general liability and pollution coverage. In addition to providing standard coverage and high limits with a financially secure carrier, the program offers safety and risk management services, oversight and solutions that benefit all project participants.
While cost savings are always the focus of an OCIP, the following features are significant program enhancements:
Attributes of the Program
- Highlights job site safety for students, staff, public and construction workforce
- Provides broad insurance coverage and high dedicated limits
- Assists in completing projects on-time without costly delays
- Provides insurance fraud prevention through verification of enrolled subcontractors’ certificates of insurance
- Encourages small and local business participation
- Supports project labor compliance efforts
- Reduces the potential for cross-litigation
- Cost savings
Insurance Coverage Provided
|Owner's Protective Professional Indemnity|
|Breach of Contract (Defense Costs Only)|
|Contractors Pollution Liability|
|Ten Year (10) Completed Operations (Latent defects)|
Builder’s Risk Coverage
- ASCIP Members – Builder’s Risk Coverage up to $50M is included.
- Non-Members – Builder’s Risk Coverage must be purchased separately.